- Profession: Unknown.
- Residences: Jihlava (Iglau).
- Relation to Mahler: Love affair with Gustav Mahler in (1879-1880).
- Correspondence with Mahler: Poems.
- Born: 1860.
- Father: Postmaster Station I, Jihlava. Postoffice (Masarykovo 68-14).
- Mother: Unknown.
- Sister: Anna Poisl.
- Address: House Josefine Poisl (Hluboka street Nos. 8/101, Nonnengaschen No. 50).
- Address: Hotel Czap (Zizkova street Nos. 15/1696, Sct. Johann's Platz No. 50/51).
- Married: After 1880 to Julius Wallner.
- Husband: Julius Wallner, director and teacher of the School German Gymnasium (Hluboka street Nos. 1/109, Nonnengaschen 608). Twenty years (1840?) older than Josephine Poisl (1860- after 1880).
- Died: After 1880.
- Buried: Unknown.
Also: Josephina, Josefa.
Gustav Mahler was pianoteacher for both Anna and Josepine Poisl.
00-1879 Mahler fell in love with Josephine Poisl (1860- after 1880) in the summer of 1879.
22-09-1879 and 14-12-1879: Gustav Mahler writes about her to Anton Krisper (1858-1914): “A new name is now inscipted in my heart alongside yours’.
03-1880: Easter. Gustav Mahler writes to her as “passionately beloved Josephine”.
03-1880: Mahler composed three songs for her (in a series of five), Lieder fur Tenor:
06-1880 Josephina's father writes Mahler to end the relation.
Shortly after composing “Lied 3: Maitanz im Grunen” the relation ends.
She married Julius Wallner.