Emil Freund (1858-1928) and his wife Ida Freund Kohn (Littna) (1865-1943).
- Born: 13-12-1858.
- Mother: Henriette Freund (Kramer), "Judit", "Judith", died 1903 in Vienna.
- Father: Philipp Freund (1817-1885).
- Correspondence with Mahler: Yes.
- Relation to Mahler: Childhood and lifelong friend, convidant, legal advisor, executor.
- Profession: Lawyer (dr.).
- Sister and brothers: See Philipp Freund (1817-1885).
- Education: School German Gymnasium (Hluboka street Nos. 1/109, Nonnengaschen 608), City of Jihlava.
- Education: University of Vienna, Vienna.
- Marriage: After 1889.
- Wife: Ida Freund Kohn (Littna) (1865-1943). Born 08-03-1865 Prague, murdered in 1943 Treblinka, Poland. Aged 77. She was first married to Friedrich Kohn (1885-1889, died aged 34) and later to Emil Freund. She had a son Heinrich Freund (1887-1942) with Friedrich Kohn. Emil Freund was Friedrich Kohn's stepfather. At 09-04-1906 Heinrich added the name Freund to his official name. He is murdered in Poland, aged 54.
- Children: Stepson Heinrich Kohn Freund (1887-1942).
- Address: House Philipp Freund.
- Address: House Emil Freund (Masarykovo square Nos. 17/64, Hauptplatz No. 86), City of Jihlava.
- Address: 1893 Vienna Rotenturmstrasse 22, Vienna, Austria.
- Died: 03-02-1928, Aged 68.
- Buried: 05-02-1928 Central cemetery, Old Jewish cemetery, Vienna, Austria. Grave 76B-34-3.
- Gustav Mahler often visited the Freund family in Zeliv between 1878 and 1881. House Philipp Freund.
- Emil Freund (1858-1928)'s cousin Marie Freund (1860-1880) fell in love with Gustav Mahler in Zeliv.
- Emil Freund (1858-1928) made the legal contacts between Gustav Mahler and the New York Philharmonic Orchestra (NYPO/NPO) and the contracts with Universal Edition (UE) music publishers.
- Emil Freund (1858-1928) had power of attorney for the sale of House Gustav Mahler Maiernigg 1901-1907 (Villa Mahler, Maiernigg No. 31). The house was sold in 1908.
Ida Freund Kohn (Littna) (1865-1943), wife of Emil Freund (1858-1928).