- Profession: Soprano.
- Residences: Plague.
- Relation to Mahler: Love affair (Prague, 1885).
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 00-00-1864
- Died: 00-00-0000
- Buried: 00-00-0000
Also: Betty Frankova.
- 1886 Concert Prague 18-04-1886 Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen, Lieder fur Singstimme (Premieres, piano).
- 1886 Concert Prague 07-05-1886 (piano).
Betty Frank, singer at Prague and one of Mahler's first loves.
18-04-1886 Prague: The programme also involved performances by singers whom Mahler accompanied. Mahler's Praag friend Betty Frank (1864-0000) sang three of his songs. We know the titles of two, but the third is less certain.
Frank definitely sang the two songs:
- Steh auf!, later renamed Lied 1: Fruhlingsmorgen and included in the collection Vierzehn Lieder und Gesange aus der Jugendzeit (1880-1892);
- Lied 3: Hans und Grethe from the same collection;
- While the third was from the collection Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen, and probably Lied 2: Ging heut’ Morgen uber’s Feld.
The critics particularly praised the singer for the chamber intimacy of her performance and excellent vocal technique, Mahler's music was considered "interesting and natty in conception."
Prague, Grand Hotel Wintergarten, 12 am.
Fundraising concert. Premiere. Conducted by Gustav Mahler.