- Profession: Intendant, politician.
- Residences: Budapest.
- Relation to Mahler: Intendant.
- Correspondence with Mahler: Yes.
- Born: 06-01-1833 Pest, Hungary.
- Died: 14-05-1905 Budapest, Hungary. Aged 72.
- Buried: 18-05-1905 Katolikus templom cemetery, Zsamboki, Hungary.
Baron Ferenc (Franz/Francis) von Beniczky is Commissioner in charge of theatres. Beniczky has lined up Felix Mottl as chief conductor but, finding that Mottl refuses to learn Hungarian, installs Gustav Mahler as artistic director of the Royal Hungarian Opera, the number two stage in the Habsburg Empire. He is intendant of the Budapest Opera during most of Mahler's tenure there. There is correspondence from Mahler about Ferenc von Beniczky.