- Profession: Composer.
- Residences: Vienna, Rome
- Relation to Mahler: Fellow student, friend. Year 1875.
- Correspondence with Mahler:
- Born: 22-04-1856 Vienna.
- Died: 26-01-1925. Aged 70.
- Buried: 05-08-1925, Central cemetery, Grave 84-10-41.
Also: Rudolf Johann Pichler, Johann Pichler.
Father Johann Pichler was member of the Wiener Sangerbundes.
Friends meetings at the Pichler family.
House also visited by Natalie Bauer-Lechner (1858-1921).
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) lived and died at Karlsgasse No. 2 and No. 4.
- Rudolf Pichlers teachers in Year 1875: Julius Epstein (1832-1926) (piano) and Anton Bruckner (1824-1896) (harmony) (as Gustav Mahler).
- Because of hearing problems in 1876-1877 he had Composition as mayor (graduated 12-12-1877) at Franz Krenn (1816-1897).
- 1877-1878 Wrote a orchestra piece.
- 1877-1878 First prize.
- 1911 in Rome. He was called Rodolfo.
- 1920 in Vienna.
- 07-06-1920 Karlsgasse No. 5.
- 15-10-1921 Geriatric Center at the Wienerwald in Lainz, Vienna.
- 26-01-1625 Died.
Karlsgasse Nos. 2-4, House where Johannes Brahms (1833-1897) lived from 1872 until his death in 1897. Mahler was here in 1875.