Relation to Gustav Mahler (1860-1911): A son in law.
Gustav Mahler (1860-1911). Previous generation.
- Born: 12-06-1895 Budapest, Austria-Hungary. Born: Pavel Peter von Zsolnay.
- Marriage: 02-12-1929.
- Wife: Anna Justine Mahler (Gucki) (1904-1988).
- Child: Alma Ottilie Leonore Germany-Zsolnay (1930-2010). Next generation.
- Divorce: 00-00-1934.
- Died: 13-05-1961 Vienna, Austria. Aged 65.
- Buried: 04-03-1964 Hietzing cemetery (5-8), Vienna, Austria.
- Profession: Publisher.
- Residences: Vienna, London.
- No photo of Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961) and Alma Ottilie Leonore Germany-Zsolnay (1930-2010).
The Austrian publishing company Paul Zsolnay Verlag was created in 1923 by Paul Zsolnay. It was the most successful publishing company during the interregnum period, publishing authors such as John Galsworthy, H.G. Wells, Pearl S. Buck, A.J. Cronin, Franz Werfel, Felix Salten, Robert Neumann, Roda Roda, Hilde Spiel, Ernst Lothar, Hans Kaltneker, Friedrich Torberg, Leo Perutz, Heinrich Mann, Kasimir Edschmid, Carl Sternheim, Emil Ludwig, Walter von Molo, and Frank Thiess.
Paul Zsolnay edited Alma Mahler (1879-1964) memories to Gustav Mahler and the facsimile of Symphony No. 10.
In 1934, Paul Zsolnay started publishing Nazi writers after many of his erstwhile writers had been censored; however, by April 1939, the Gestapo closed down the company. Meanwhile, Paul Zsolnay lived in England from 1938 to 1946. During the Second World War, the company was taken over by Karl H. Bischoff Verlag.
1924. Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961). Gustav Mahler Briefe (letters), Paul Zsolnay Verlag.
1924. Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961). Gustav Mahler Briefe, Paul von Zsolnay Verlag, logo.
Before 1935. Andy Zsolnay (mother of Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961), Julius Meier-Graefe (1867-1935, novelist) and Anna Sofie Moll-Schindler-Bergen (1857-1938) (grandmother of Anna Justine Mahler (Gucki) (1904-1988). Anna Justine is the wife of Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961).
1958. Paul Zsolnay (1895-1961). Header AJR (Association of Jewish Refugees in Great Britain).